- Papers and presentations. The project team was planning to present at the following events in 2020, which will now be rescheduled to 2021 due to Covid-19 disruption:
- ‘New Narratives’, Arts University Bournemouth, 24 March 2020
- ‘Making Space’, Association for Medical Humanities, University of Limerick, 17‐19 June 2020
- ‘Space, Place and Design in the Medical and Health Humanities’, University of Southern Denmark, 25-27 June 2020
- ‘Design4Health 2020’, Amsterdam, 1-3 July 2020
- Launch. Our official launch for the project has been rescheduled from July 2020 due to Covid-19. We expect it to take place in 2021.
- Workshops. This project will involve regular workshops, with details to be announced here in due course. In 2020-21 they will focus on creative research methods. In 2022-23 we expect to focus these workshops on developing a draft hospital building note on the senses, to discuss at the conference.
- Exhibition & conference, 2023/24. The research will feed into an exhibition at Southmead and Great Ormond Street Hospitals as well as a design & healthcare conference in 2023 or 2024. Details will be announced here in due course.
- 8-9 September 2021 (rescheduled from March 2021) Conference on the senses and modern environments of healthcare & care. The Call for Papers is available HERE.
- Easter and Autumn 2021. ‘Retreats’ for core collaborators to work towards an interdisciplinary collaborative output. We are developing a creative output with ‘prompts and provocations’ on hospital senses, to be launched at the conference (2021).
To join this network and get email updates about forthcoming events, click HERE.
UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship:
- 17 July 2020. ‘Creative Methods in Health Research: A Virtual Workshop’ (more details of the scope of this workshop can be found in our original CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS). Led by the UKRI FLF, in collaboration with the Wellcome Trust network.
Wellcome Trust Network:
- January 2020. Core collaborator interdisciplinary retreat (Yorkshire).
- August 2019. Senses and Health/care Environments Network Launch Event: Thinking through objects
University of Bristol:
- June-July 2019. Visiting Scholarship at the Centre for Sensory Studies, Concordia University. Supported by the University of Bristol International Strategic Fund.
- June 2018. Writing retreat: Towards a collaborative sensory history.
- April 2018. Towards a Sensory History of the Modern Hospital workshop. Supported by the University of Bristol Strategic Research Fund.