- Papers and presentations. The project team was planning to present at the following events in 2020, which will now be rescheduled to 2021 due to Covid-19 disruption:
- ‘New Narratives’, Arts University Bournemouth, 24 March 2020
- ‘Making Space’, Association for Medical Humanities, University of Limerick, 17‐19 June 2020
- ‘Space, Place and Design in the Medical and Health Humanities’, University of Southern Denmark, 25-27 June 2020
- ‘Design4Health 2020’, Amsterdam, 1-3 July 2020
- Launch. Our official launch for the project has been rescheduled from July 2020 due to Covid-19. We expect it to take place in 2021.
- Workshops. This project will involve regular workshops, with details to be announced here in due course. In 2020-21 they will focus on creative research methods. In 2022-23 we expect to focus these workshops on developing a draft hospital building note on the senses, to discuss at the conference.
- As we cannot hold our planned workshops in 2020, in SUMMER 2020 we will run an online workshop on creative research methods. Please see the CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS.
- Exhibition & conference, 2023. The research will feed into an exhibition at Southmead and Great Ormond Street Hospitals as well as a design & healthcare conference in 2023. Details will be announced here in due course.
- Summer 2020, summer 2021. ‘Retreats’ for core collaborators to work towards an interdisciplinary collaborative output. We are developing a creative output with ‘prompts and provocations’ on hospital senses, to be launched at the conference (2021).
- 8-9 September 2021 (rescheduled from March 2021) Conference on the senses and modern environments of healthcare & care. CFP to be launched in autumn 2020.
To join this network and get email updates about forthcoming events, click HERE.
Wellcome Trust Network:
- August 2019. Senses and Health/care Environments Network Launch Event: Thinking through objects
- January 2020. Core collaborator interdisciplinary retreat (Yorkshire).
University of Bristol:
- June-July 2019. Visiting Scholarship at the Centre for Sensory Studies, Concordia University. Supported by the University of Bristol International Strategic Fund.
- June 2018. Writing retreat: Towards a collaborative sensory history.
- April 2018. Towards a Sensory History of the Modern Hospital workshop. Supported by the University of Bristol Strategic Research Fund.