Starting in summer 2020, we invited website contributions from members of the Senses and Health/care Environments network and others working on subjects relevant to the Sensing Spaces of Healthcare project.
We summarise these here as ‘blogs’, but this is shorthand for a range of possible contributions from interviews to audio-visual and creative contributions. If you are interested in contributing, please see the Call for Contributions.
The blogs are listed here, in date order:
- Alice Hill-Woods, Glasgow’s Sick Kids: Time, Texture, Decay (September 2020)
- Mariana Silva Villela, Ambiences for Complementary and Integrative Practices: The Therapeutic Potential of Architecture and Interior Design in Brazil (September 2020)
- A Patient’s Experience of Surgery and Hospitals During a Pandemic (July 2020)
- Marie Allitt, Interview (July 2020).
- Sara Honarmand Ebrahimi, ‘Hospital Architecture beyond the “West”‘ (June 2020).
- Victoria Bates, ‘Making Senses’ (January 2020).
The ‘Sensing Spaces of Healthcare’ project and ‘Senses and Modern Health/care Environment’ network are hosts for authors’ material. All views expressed in the above are those of the authors and do not represent the views of the project, network, funders or affiliates. The responsibility for clearing rights to publish images or quote sources lies with the authors. All copyright remains with authors, and unauthorised reproduction is prohibited in line with copyright law.